The malfunction of pumping equipment caused a major fire early Friday morning in the sugar bush Fraser Domaine de Saint-Ferdinand, in the MRC of Maple.
It is the owners who saw the smoke from the building, alerted the authorities. Upon arrival, firefighters Security Service Regional Fire Maple, we found that the fire was raging on the ground floor of the large building.
They adopted an offensive strategy to try to contain the flames and protect the part of the building had not yet been reached.
Early intervention has enabled to save the inn serves for day camps. Thus, the regular activities of the area do so will not be disrupted. With regard to the sugar shack, it was leased to a third person. It is clear that the maple water harvesting and production of syrup will be compromised.
The owners have confirmed their intention to rebuild the section of the building destroyed by the flames.