Two suspects linked to the deadly attack on 20 November against the Radisson Blu in Bamako were arrested Thursday by special forces in Mali, AFP reported Malian security sources.
“Two suspects linked to the attack last week in the Radisson hotel (Blu) just been arrested, they are currently being questioned,” said a primary source of security, adding that the arrests took in Bamako.
This information was confirmed by another security source, who said: “This is a phone that has spoken. It has led to the two people arrested, I can not say more. ”
No detail has been obtained immediately on the identity or nationality of the suspect or the case of accomplices or potential sponsors.
The Radisson Blu was attacked on the morning of November 20 by gunmen who held them approximately 150 customers and employees. Malian forces, backed by French and US special forces and UN officers intervened and “exfiltrated” 133 people, according to the Malian Department of Homeland Security.
Twenty people (14 foreign and six Malians, including one policeman) were killed in the attack, in addition to two assailants, according to the latest report of the Malian authorities, also including nine wounded.
The wounded included “three police officers and two gendarmes. “No injuries to vital prognosis committed”, said Thursday the Malian Minister of Internal Security, Colonel Salif Traoré during a speech to the National Assembly.
The attack was claimed on 20 November by the jihadist group of Algerian Mokhtar Belmokhtar, Al-Mourabitoune, “with the participation” of Al Qaeda in Islamic Maghreb (AQIM).
On November 22, a jihadist group in central Mali, the Macina Liberation Front (LWF), also claimed responsibility, executed, he said, “with the collaboration of Ansar Dine,” the former jihadist group -Head Malian Tuareg rebel Iyad Ag Ghaly, by a commando of five members, “three were released unharmed.”
Security sources had indicated that on the trail of accomplices of the attackers who helped them get to the hotel and are perpetrating the attack.
Salif Traoré Minister said Thursday before the deputies that there were not more than two assailants.
“The attack was perpetrated by two armed individuals” with assault rifles, Kalashnikov AK-47 type, said Traore, “They opened fire from the entrance of the hotel, the Inside, in the lobby, the restaurant, in different halls. They shot people without discrimination “.
“We have neutralized two terrorists. As I speak, we have no reason to think that there were more, “Has he said, adding, without elaborating:” The investigation is ongoing, it is going well “.