The Stopru learned that four young suspects were arrested in connection with bomb threats on Tuesday, which took place across Quebec.
Le Droit learned that four young suspects were arrested in connection with bomb threats on Tuesday, which took place across Quebec.
According to our sources, it would be miners, who must appear in court for Youth.
The young suspects could appear at the Gatineau courthouse Wednesday or be released on parole pending further court date.
The Sûreté du Québec (SQ), which conducts the survey across the province, would not confirm our information, on Wednesday morning.
However, sources indicate that the suspects were met by the authorities in the last hours.
On Twitter, the SQ confirmed in mid-morning that “four people met in relation to threats to schools occurred last week in the Outaouais.”
Since last week, schools of Ottawa and Ouaouais have been the target of threats and bomb threats.
On Tuesday, a group called “Sceptre Rouge” wrote a letter and sent it in sixty schools in Quebec.
The group attacks the faculty members in leverage with the public sector.
It was only on Tuesday that the phenomenon has taken on a provincial scale, while the group name “Sceptre Rouge” has been on the public square.
“We can not yet establish a link between individuals and threats encountered disseminated yesterday,” says the SQ in another tweet.
However, the Minister of Public Safety Acting Pierre Moreau said Wednesday morning on the air of 98,5FM, Since it takes to get up, that “the police community does not know that (Sceptre Rouge) than that the Police Ontario Provincial received October 29, a few days before … Police Ottawa and Gatineau Police received similar threats marked Sceptre Rouge. ”
The message, according to the minister, was a little different, but also referred to the teachers’ strike.
Nearly 80 schools targeted by the bomb threats
Approximately 80 schools have been the target of bomb threats Tuesday, said the Minister of Public Safety, Pierre Moreau. But no institution was evacuated Wednesday morning.
Nearly 70 schools were searched thoroughly by the SQ, the minister said Wednesday in an update on the investigation. The police found no trace of explosives or any suspicious package bringing them to believe that the threats were serious.
“No such incident was reported this morning,” Moreau said.