Murder of Samantha Higgins: fiance arrested the victim

sous-choc-beau-pere-samanthaA man of 22 years will appear on Tuesday for the murder of Samantha Higgins, a young mother of LaSalle found dead last week.

The suspect was arrested Monday afternoon by the Surete du Quebec (SQ), is the fiancé of the victim, La Presse has learned from reliable sources. The SQ, however, did not confirm this information. It is not known yet what charges will be filed.

The investigators of crimes against the person of the SQ interrogated for several hours on Monday night. The fiancé Samantha Higgins was in the police firing line since the beginning of the investigation, according to our sources. Unlike the rest of the family, he was absent from the candlelight vigil last Friday. He had also vanished social networks.

The couple attended for seven years and had recently engaged. He had two young children, one a few weeks and the other which will celebrate its fourth anniversary in the coming days. The young woman spent the majority of her time with her ​​children and rarely went out, told Vanessa Higgins, the mother of the victim, in an interview with La Presse on Friday. In the evening, the Quebec Provincial Police conducted a search of the home of the couple.

The investigators met with the family of Samantha Higgins Monday night to tell him of their findings. “This is a shocking news. We would like to maintain our privacy, “said La Presse the stepfather of the victim, Daniel Jones, visibly shaken during a brief telephone conversation. Samantha’s family should also soon receive the results of the autopsy of their daughter.

Worrying disappearance

Samantha Higgins, 22, disappeared in the night of 6 to 7 July. The last time she was seen, she left with a friend at midnight, in the borough of LaSalle, in the southwest of the island, near the intersection of Newman Boulevard and Lise street . According to one of her friends, she would have called her fiancé about 1:10 and told her she was en route to the house, reported CBC. She would then answered a text message from a friend a little later, but in unusual words.

The next day, Samantha did not return home, an attitude completely incomprehensible to him. Extremely worried relatives were quick to set in motion a broad campaign in the hope of finding her unharmed. They lined the neighborhood of posters, distributed search notices and flooded the social networks to coordinate their efforts. Two days later, the police department of the City of Montreal issued a wanted notice. Finally, after four days fearing the worst, the family received confirmation of the unthinkable Friday afternoon: the body found Thursday near a river in Hinchinbrooke was the one Samantha Higgins. He had been dismembered and placed in a bag. Elements on the scene very quickly helped investigators to confirm his identity.

Relatives of Samantha Higgins will honor him next Saturday during a ceremony.

The Stopru