A Donald Trump advisor said on Monday he had “no evidence” that the US president was put on the eavesdropping by his predecessor Barack Obama, explosive accusations launched by the Republican leader on Twitter.
“I have no evidence (of a bugging of Donald Trump before the presidential election, Ed), but that’s why there’s an investigation in Congress,” Kellyanne Conway said on ABC.
The president’s adviser, who was speaking in various media on Monday morning after several weeks of absence, however left doubt in the daily newspaper USA Today, saying there were “several ways to watch each other” , Including microwave ovens.
Donald Trump accused Barack Obama on 4 March of having tapped his lines before the November 8 election in a series of tweets.
Mr. Obama’s spokesman denied the allegations, while James Clapper, the US intelligence chief under Barack Obama, said no Trump listening operation had been implemented by Responsibility.
But Donald Trump persisted in his accusations and asked that the congressional commissions investigating possible Russian interference in the November election are investigating these possible listening.
Congressman Paul Ryan, chairman of the House of Representatives, who is one of a group of eight parliamentarians who access classified information, replied “no” to the CBS News reporter on Sunday, There was reason to believe Donald Trump’s allegations.
Ms Conway suggested, however, that “we could watch someone through his telephones, certainly by his televisions” or even by “microwaves that become cameras … We know that it is a fact of Modern life “.
His comments on the microwave immediately generated ironic comments on social networks.
Donald Trump appeared to defend himself on Twitter by lamenting Monday that “the media are rude with my representatives who work so hard.” “Be nice, you will do much better!” He said.
Ms. Conway’s remarks followed last week’s revelations by the WikiLeaks website of CIA computer piracy to infiltrate and take control of electronic devices.