Hong Kong: the death in prison of suspect of a double murder at the Ritz-Carlton

Hong Kong: mort en prison du suspect d'un double meurtre au Ritz-Carlton

Look at this article

CHINA | South Korean suspected of having assassinated in January his wife and his son at the Ritz-Carlton, luxurious hotel on the sea front in Hong Kong, died in custody, announced on Monday the police.

Kim Min-ho, aged 42, was discovered unconscious Monday morning in the detention centre, Lai Chi Kok and declared dead after his transfer to the hospital, specified to the AFP a spokesperson of the police.

No detail has been given regarding the causes of this death, but of the media of the former british colony have reported a suicide.

Mr. Kim, who said on his page Facebook to be director general of the subsidiary of south Korean a confectioner american, had been arrested in January and charged with the double homicide.

His wife and his six year old son had been found dead at the Ritz-Carlton, the woman with multiple wounds to the neck and the son with a wound to the throat.

Mr. Kim had probably consumed alcohol and was unconscious in his suite. He had superficial wounds to the hands and face, had said at the time, a senior police official. The police had recovered a knife on scene.

A source close to the investigation told AFP that a friend of the suspect had warned the authorities that he was potentially suicidal.

The five-star hotel occupies the top floors of the largest skyscrapers of the former british colony, the ICC, which rises to over 480 metres. It is known for its spectacular views of the city and the port of Victoria.

Share