Information about the poisoning of children in Kherson region through the release of chemicals in the factory “Titan” in Armyansk occupied at the moment not confirmed. About it on air of TV channel “112 Ukraine” said Parliament Commissioner for human rights Lyudmila Denisova.
“Until we have information that is not confirmed that it was poisoning… There are signs that someone has had a sore throat, conjunctivitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis. But now, at this moment, chemical poisoning is not confirmed, and hospitalization were not conducted”, – noted the Ombudsman.
She also reported that international organizations have not yet responded to the appeal of Denisova concerning the release of chemicals.
“At this moment I still have no information from them,” said Denisov.
We will remind, in mass media there was information that in the Kherson regional hospital 15 hospitalized children with suspicion on a poisoning with chemical emissions from the plant “Crimean Titan”.
Parliament Commissioner for human rights Lyudmila Denisova addressed to the Director of the United Nations programme for the environment Erik Solheim, as well as the Director and regional representative, European office of the United Nations programme for the environment Jan Dusík regarding the chemical spill at the factory “Titan” in Armyansk occupied.
As previously reported, in the city of Armyansk in the North annexed the Crimea there was an emission into the atmosphere of substances of unknown origin. On metal objects, rooftops, on the leaves of the trees formed oily coating having a yellowish tint. First, the representatives of the occupation authorities did not recognize the problem, but on 4 September the “Crimean government” for the first time stated that the maximum permissible concentration of sulfur dioxide in Armyansk and nearby towns exceeded the norm. Children were evacuated, local residents encouraged to spend less time outdoors.
Sulfur dioxide, or sulfur oxide (IV) – sulfur compound with the oxygen composition of SO2. Under normal conditions, this colorless gas with a characteristic pungent smell (smell of a lighted match). Very toxic. Symptoms of poisoning with sulphurous gas are runny nose, cough, hoarseness, severe sore throat and a peculiar taste. Inhalation of sulfur dioxide higher concentrations, asphyxiation, speech disorder, difficulty swallowing, vomiting, and possible acute pulmonary edema.