Look at this article
MAINE – a must in summer, Kennebunkport, the lovely small tourist city of the coast of Maine is preparing feverishly to make a royal welcome to all lovers wishing to celebrate Valentine’s day, a unique way with the event Paint the Town Red.
Cape Arundel Inn
Created in 2015, this activity was such a success that for 5 years now, as soon as arrives the end of January, the inhabitants emerge from the lights and the decorations, but only those of a beautiful bright red, to their city, fully decked out in red, become the most romantic in New England !
A romantic mood despite the cold.
Of course, it is necessary to swap the bathing suit for the toques and mittens, as if the ocean is still rolling its waves on the sand, the latter of which would hardly invite to swimming. By contrast, ocean and snow go well together, when the whole city goes to create a festive atmosphere, colorful and romantic.
The Evening launch of Paint the Town Red take place at the Ice Bar of the Hotel Boathouse Waterfront.
The events that you must not miss
The red is in the spotlight for the entire month of February, but even more so during the launch party Frozen!
- It is on 2 February took place the evening of the opening of the 5th edition under the theme Frosted ! A Freezing Good Timeat the Ice Bar of the beautiful hotel The Boathouse Waterfront.
- Saturday 9 February : Drinks Through the Decades, an interactive mixology revisiting cocktail recipes of the past 50 years. An evening at the restaurant The Burleigh.
- Saturday 9 February : Earth Pop-Up. Organized by chef Joe Schafer, this gourmet evening will provide an overview of the menu of three services, which will be served in the summer of 2019 at the restaurant Earth of the Hidden Pond Resort.
- Thursday 14 February : Valentine’s Day Dinner. In the restaurants of two hotels, The Burleigh and The Boathouse Waterfront.
- Saturday 16 February : Wine and Valentines. Tasting food/wine (three) in the restaurant The Burleigh.
- Saturday February 16th : Sushi Making Demo + Dinner. Demonstration on the art of making sushi and tasting (3 services). The Boathouse Waterfront.
- Saturday 23 February : Oyster Shucking Class. Learn all about oysters and, of course, in taste, in the restaurant The Boathouse Waterfront.
- Hosting package Love KPT in hotels Kennebunkport Resort Collection (KRC), including a two-night stay at the Boathouse Waterfront Hotel, Kennebunkport Inn, Cape Arundel Inn & Resort or The Grand Hotel, with surprises on arrival, dinner three services for two and late check-out. From 479 to US $ until 31 march.
- Until the 28th of February, for couples wishing to mark their commitment in a special way, the service Put A Ring On It the KRC offers a deluxe special Package including lodging, a love poem original, a bottle of Dom Perignon champagne, a photographer immortalizing the ” high demand “, four dozen red roses, chocolate strawberries, and the services of a concierge Cupid. The latter can even take care of finding an engagement ring custom from a local jeweler. Info : 1 – 800 573-7186.
- For all the details : destinationkennebunkport.com