Streaming service Netflix has planned to release just six animated films and TV series. This was reported on the website of the service.
This decision was made after Disney announced the launch of its own streaming platform.
“We are trying to create their own uniqueness of our brand and expand content for children and their parents around the world”, – said the head of content Netflix Melissa Cobb, who previously held a similar position at Dreamworks Animation.
In particular, during 2019-2021 years to get such projects:
- “Come On, Corey Carson” (2019). Children’s cartoon, based on the game Go! Go! Smart Wheels.
- “Space child” (2020). The cartoon will tell a boy who dreams of becoming a hero. One day his dream will come true when near the house will land meteorites. However, to want to be a hero and to be they really are two different things.
- “Garbage truck” (2020). The miniseries from the Creator of the Oscar-winning animated short film “Dear basketball”.
- THE WILLOUGHBYS (2020). Cartoon about a group of teenagers who live in the neighborhood and whose parents have not pay attention to them. Together they will combine to create a new family.
- “Maya and three” (2021). Animated miniseries, writer and Director who will perform Jorge Gutierrez. The project will tell about the militant Princess who will gather the three legendary warriors to protect the world from the gods.
- “The dragon of my father” (2021). Animated family film in 2D from the Director Nora Twomey. It will be based on the novel by Ruth Gannett Stils and talk about a runaway teen who is sent on a Wild island, to catch a dragon of his father.
As previously reported, Netflix will release several films for participation in film festivals.