The hotel Negresco illuminated by the artist Gaspare Di Caro. — F. Binacchi / ANP / 20 Minutes
The hearing is supposed to examine the future of the palace hotel nice Negresco, placed for four years under court administration, has been postponed until Friday by the French courts in matters of procedure.
Also read : Towards a new and decisive step for the future of the Negresco
The employees of the five-star of the famous Promenade des Anglais, the majority in favour of retaining the procedure of judicial administration, denouncing a “hostage-taking”.
The owner of the hotel, aged 94 years, can no longer manage the property, protected for four years by a director, Ms. Nathalie Thomas.
“We know where we are going, the hotel revolves,” says an employee
Thirty employees were on Friday in front of the gates of the tribunal de commerce, Nice, deploring this episode justice. “It’s been a month that it lasts, with a first hearing has already been postponed, one has the impression that nothing is being done so that we can continue to work calmly,” said one of those employees engaged, who did not want the doner to his name.
With the present governance, “we know where we’re going, we have work, we have modernized our product, the hotel turns”, promised the same employee.
Also read : A young administrator, he took advantage of the weakness of the owner in his nineties of the hotel?
The judicial administration warns
Me Thomas had been named the administrative court in 2013 following the placement under guardianship of Ms. Jeanne Augier, the owner, who still lives in the walls of this historic hotel.
In a statement addressed to the board of directors and staff, including the AFP has noted, the administration of justice warns against the “lusts” of which the Negresco is the object.
Also read : The Negresco, the heritage of the French art exposed to the lusts