Private carriers of Ternopil on Tuesday went on strike, not out on the trails yesterday for the abolition of increase of fares. The city is now run exclusively by the trolley – the local utility company, according to “Chernograd”.
It is noted that one mode is not enough to cover all passenger traffic. Because of this, some of the townspeople to work walked. Also on the streets has increased the number of private vehicles. Because of this in rush hour in city traffic jams were formed.
The head of the press service of the city Council Mariana Zvarych said, “UNIAN” that in addition to trolleybuses on routes are also four large utility bus. How much time will not be run by private bus, in city Council don’t know yet. “Us carriers are not addressed today they just released the buses. No requirements they put forward. Now our staff is in contact with all the carriers and find out why. We will also learn how to legally operate and how their current solution meets the conditions of the contract”, – said Zvarych.
We will remind, last week the Executive Committee of Ternopil city Council approved the new fares in public transport. The new tariffs came into effect from 1 November. If payment in cash had to pay 9 UAH for one travel in minibuses and 8 UAH for a single journey in the bus. When paying an electronic ticket or a Bank card, the fare was 7 hryvnia in buses and 6 trolleybuses. Card owners of born in Ternopil ‘ under the new tariff would have had to pay 6 grivnas for journey in minibuses and 5 UAH – the fare in the bus.
Sunday in the center of Ternopil, more than 5 thousand townspeople held a protest against the increasing cost of travel in urban buses and trolleybuses.
As a consequence, yesterday the decision on increase of tariffs the city Executive Committee was abolished, returning the previous fees.