The Shevchenkovsky district court of Kiev made the decision to extend the detention of the former head of the Central release of prisoners “Officer corps” Vladimir Ruban. This was stated by his lawyer Valentin Rybin, reports “Gromadske”.
Rybin said that the meeting was held on August 31. According to the decision, Ruban will remain in custody until October 30.
To appeal, the defense does not plan to.
“It makes no sense,” said the lawyer.
As reported, Volodymyr Ruban was arrested March 8 on the demarcation line during the transportation of a large consignment of weapons. He is accused of preparing terrorist attacks in Kiev’s city centre, the planning of the coup and the illegal handling of weapons. March 9, the Kyiv court arrested Ruban for 60 days without the right to bail. 4 may his arrest was prolonged for two months – until July 2, 20 August to 8 September.
One of the defendants in the “case of Ruban” is people’s Deputy Hope Savchenko, which had previously intended to take him on bail. Currently she is under arrest, after consent is given members of Parliament.
Later, Ruban included in the lists on the exchange from “DNR”. When will take place following the exchange of hostages is not known. Ukraine at the meeting of the Trilateral contact group in Minsk said about the readiness to exchange 23 Russians of their political prisoners in Russia. At the same time, fighters need to give them 80 prisoners in exchange for the 15 prisoners of Ukrainians.