The American newspaper The New York Times has compiled a list of the best TV shows of the year.
The list, published on the newspaper’s website, entered the films in the categories “Best series”, “Best foreign series” and “Best new series”.
Note that some of the series came much earlier, but the selection took into account the release of the latest season of the show.
Best series in 2018
- “The Americans”. Historical drama, created by Joe Weisberg, a former CIA officer.
- “America for me”. A documentary film to learn how do work the most progressive school of Chicago, located in Oak Park.
- Atlanta. Comedy-drama TV series. Its author is Donald Glover, performing a major role.
- “Barry.” The series is filmed in the genre of black Comedy. The authors Alec Berg and bill bill Hader performed leading roles in it.
- “Killing Eve”. Drama television series loosely based on a series of novels by Luke Jennings.
- “Horse Bodzek”. Tragic and comic animated series that tells about a former star of the show-business, anthropomorphic horse Bodice.
- “Good fight.” TV series in the genre of legal drama spin-off television series “the Good wife”.
- “Return home”. Television series, filmed in the genre of psychological Thriller with Julia Roberts and Sissy Spacek in the lead roles.
- “Lodge 49”. Comedy television series. Its name refers to the novel by American writer Thomas Pynchon – “shrieked out lot 49”.
- “Pose”. Drama TV series. Its authors are Ryan Murphy, brad falchuk and Stephen Canals.
- “Sharp objects”. Mini-series Amy Adams and Patricia Clarkson in the lead roles. It is based on the eponymous novel by American writer Gillian Flynn.
Best foreign TV series in 2018
- “A very British scandal.” British television mini-series loosely based on the novel by British journalist and novelist John Preston. Starring Hugh Grant and Ben whishaw.
- “The bridge”. Swedish-Danish detective series based on the eponymous comic strip by Charles Forsman.
- “The end ***of the world.” British television series, filmed in the genre of drama, black Comedy and road movie.
- “Babylon Berlin”. German drama television series loosely based on novels by German writer Volker Coachman. Today it is the most expensive television series filmed in English, with a budget of two seasons – 40 million euros.
- “Search engines”. British Comedy television series, filmed using one camera.
- “Paper house”. The Spanish television series filmed in the genre of the film-the robbery. Devoted to the preparation of the robbery of the Spanish mint.
- “Unforgotten”. British crime drama.
- “A place farther than the universe”. Japanese anime series.
- “Manon 5 Years On”. British television series, filmed in the genre of psychological drama.
- “Howards End”. British-American mini-series based on the eponymous novel by English writer Edward Morgan Forster.
Best new series 2018
- “Barry.” American TV series filmed in the genre of black Comedy. The authors Alec Berg and bill bill Hader performed leading roles in it.
- “Killing Eve”. British drama TV series, loosely based on a series of novels by Luke Jennings.
- “Lodge 49”. American Comedy television series. Its name refers to the novel by American writer Thomas Pynchon – shrieked out of lot 49.
- “America for me”. A documentary series that can help you learn what you live, and how to operate the most progressive school of Chicago, located in Oak Park.
- “Queer Eye”. American television series, filmed on the basis of the reality show Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.
- “You.” American television series, filmed in the genre of psychological drama-Thriller based on the eponymous novel by American writer Caroline Kepnes.
- “Sorry for your loss.” An American drama web series with Elizabeth Olsen in the title role.
- “Corporate”. American Comedy television series.
- “Cupcakes and Dino: Main services”. American animated television series.
- “Pose”. An American drama television series. Its authors are Ryan Murphy, brad Falshakom and Steven Canalso.
As previously reported, US film critics chose the best film of the year.